- Be presently enrolled at UCLA as a Freshman, Sophomore, or transfer student in their Junior year
- Have a demonstrated interest in health-related careers
- Have maintained a GPA of at least 2.7
- Enroll in HPM 140: Foundations of Maternal and Child Health during Winter Quarter 2019
- Be willing to complete all PSHP sponsored seminars and activities
- Participate in a summer internship during Summer Session C
- Completion of formal application
- Submission of letter of interest
- One copy of applicant's most recent transcript
- A personal interview (if requested by PSHP faculty)
Selection of Participants
Participants are selected on the basis of statement of goals, aspirations and the successful completion of the Foundations of Maternal and Child Health course. Additional consideration will be given to demonstrated leadership, participation in school and community activities, honors, and work experience.
Applications should be emailed or faxed:
Faye J. Holmes
UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
6th Floor, room 61-243 CHS (slip under door)
All materials must be emailed or faxed to
Faye Holmes by Friday, October 19, 2018.
Incomplete applications and those postmarked after the due date will not be considered.